- Part Time
Evans Memorial Home
1010 North Elm Street
Cresco, IA 52136, US
- More Information
At Evans Memorial Home we understand that every member of our team contributes to our residents' enjoyment of residing with us. Our culinary team plays a key role since residents often look forward to mealtimes. If you are passionate about providing a memorable dining experience and want to have a job that makes a difference, this position is for you!
We have a part-time cook/dietary aide position available.
We're hiring for a part-time cook with a NEW INCREASED STARTING WAGE!
Job Summary: The cook will assist in the operation of the kitchen, dining room, dish room, and related storage spaces. This position will also, substitute for the dietary manager when that person is not on-site and have the overall responsibility for operating the dietary department in a quality manner. Great starting wage & flexible schedule.
Available hours: Part-time with evening and weekend shift differential: $2.00/hr.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare food and assist in serving in the dining room.
- Wash dishes.
- Clean kitchen and dining room.
- Follow cleaning schedule.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment, as required.
- Use proper body mechanics for lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Report unsafe conditions to the Dietary Manager and/or Director.
- Maintain sanitation in all areas.
- Fill in, as needed or requested.
- Respond to smoke and fire alarm systems.
- Comply with regulations regarding hair covering and hand protection during food preparation.
- Attend all staff in-services or mandatory meetings.
- Attend food service meetings.
- Complete work orders when maintenance needs arise.
- Perform cleaning duties, as assigned.
- Prepare dining room for meals.
Experience in food service and cooking is preferred but we will train the right individual.
Questions may be directed to Hailey Johnson at (563)547-2364 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer.